If you are seeking more clarity and calm, you are in the right place. We will use our time together to understand the way you see and solve problems so you can feel better faster. My research-driven services are customized to your unique issues, based on my experience as a Cancer Survivor, Neuro Optometrist and Licensed Professional Counselor.
Think of me as your co-pilot to survey your horizon and land safely in each session. We will keep an eye on your goals and coordinate best mind-body practices. I can consult with your MD, PA, primary therapist, partner or loved ones, as needed, to facilitate holistic healing.
Here are some visuals for you (pictures have captions attached) and the techniques we may use to treat your anxiety, depression, post trauma stress and relationship challenges. I offer my services via secure telehealth services.
- Brainspotting: I am fully Certified and a Consultant (I certify colleagues) in this modality. I trained with founder Dr. David Grand who discovered effective eye positions as a newer form of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). It is true that “where we look impacts how we feel”. Even via telehealth, your eyeballs can tell me the spot that matches the issues that are bothering you. It is a deeper (yet gentler) way of processing stress and trauma with less talking. If it’s hard to find words for your feelings, you will love this one. These sessions are 45 minutes in duration; 3 to 5 sessions are needed to estimate an ongoing treatment plan for you. In some instances, 90 minute (double) sessions are available.
- Light/Color Therapy: I add these for free to your session to help your sleep, mood and self-esteem. In times of crisis or for long-standing thought patterns, the right combination of colors can help overwhelming and stuck feelings. Many clients say it feels like a full weekend of meditation and clarity wrapped into your session. You can read more research here and here.
- Visual-Vestibular Therapy (Walk + Talk) : We use your eyes, brain and body to better process your challenges. Wear comfortable clothes expect to get to the heart of your problems quickly, with greater clarity. These sessions are 45 or 75 minutes in duration, nearby to my office, nearby park or around beautiful Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin.
- Individual Consultation for Therapists: I offer 45 minute virtual consultation for colleagues who wish to become Brainspotting certified or desire confidence and effective visual-somatic tools for your “stuck” or “confusing” client/s. These are scheduled online, select Consultation for Therapist/Doctors-Telehealth from drop-down menu.
- Couples Counseling: I am a huge fan of the healing power of relationship, especially if you had a dysfunctional family growing up or have faced crises, such as cancer. The power of a couple and myself in a room creates healing in powerful ways because of my use of brain-based and effective interpersonal skills. I help you love and be loved by your partner in healthy ways. These sessions are 45 to 75 minutes in duration, ranging from $275 to $375. I am closed to new couples in 2023.
I personalize your plan as we get to know each other, therefore do not worry which service to pick. I build relationships with my clients that help your issues and other relationships improve, using neuroscience made simple and effective.
- My sessions are 45 minutes in length for adult individuals. My professional fee is $225. A double (90 minute) session is $450 on a case-by-case basis.
- You may request to book an initial session here.
- I will send you online paperwork before our first session so we can spend our time meeting & healing right away.
- Each session is payable at the beginning of session with credit card in your secure client portal online. I do not accept cash or checks or physical cards.
- Less than 24 hour notification for rescheduling, cancellations and no-shows are charged full session fee so I may help all my clients equally.
- There is an additional $95 travel charge for all sessions conducted off-site.
- I offer scholarships to individuals of the global majority (i.e. individuals who identify as black, indigenous, people of color, aka BIPOC clients or therapists). You are paying it forward when you invest in your mental wellness.
My treatments include unique, evidence-based and adapted clinical protocols that are effective and outcome driven, yet not categorized in any one CPT code. Therefore, I do not accept insurance. I also do not diagnose or label you unnecessarily and your confidentiality is held to the highest standards since I am an out-of-network mental health care provider.
What I do for my clients who have insurance:
- At your request, automatic monthly emailed itemized receipts to streamline your out-of-network benefits (i.e. the insurance company pays YOU, not me!). You can receive a percentage of your counseling investment back through this process.
- Flexible online scheduling around your financial budget and HSA (health select account) planning.
- At your request, I may briefly consult with your primary mental health provider so you can see me during stressful times to accelerate your work then return to your ongoing support (who may be in-network for you).
Here is a quick clip about my work from a 2018 interview with my colleague for her Neurohealth show. My piece is about 26 minutes into the video.
Austin Mental Wellness Good Faith Estimate Notice to clients & prospective clients:
Under the No Surprises Act, health care providers give clients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services.
You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.
You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service, or at any time during treatment. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate, which will also be in your client portal. For questions or more information visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.