If you are trying to find your way to a better way of functioning and enjoying your life, I am a big fan of using our time together to better understand your mind’s way of solving problems so you can feel better faster. My research-driven services are customized to your unique issues, based on my experience as a Cancer Survivor, Neuro Optometrist and Licensed Professional Counselor.
I can be your co-pilot and air traffic controller to coordinate best mind-body practices on your healing journey! I can consult with your MD, PA, primary therapist, partner or loved ones, as needed, to facilitate holistic healing.
Here are some visuals for you (pictures have captions attached) and a list of techniques that we may use to treat your anxiety, depression, post trauma stress and relationship challenges. I offer my services via phone/videoconferencing through my professional software. You will receive a link for your unique session 48 hours before our work together.
- Somatic Therapy (Brainspotting): New form of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) combining vision with perception since “where we look impacts how we feel”. Using your very own eyeballs, I help you find a spot in your vision that matches the issue that is bothering you, while you listen to bilateral (right/left alternating) music. It is a deeper (yet gentler) way of processing stress and trauma with less talking. If it’s hard to find words for your feelings, you will love this one. These sessions are 45 minutes in duration. Learn more: www.austinbrainspotting.com. These can be done on video/telehealth sessions, as well.
- Light/Color Therapy: Many clients schedule these sessions to help sleep, mood and self-esteem. Quick & effective results, in times of crisis or for long-standing thought patterns and overwhelming, stuck feelings. Many clients say it feels like a full weekend of meditation and clarity wrapped into a 25, 45 or 75 minute session. These are best done on a weekly or biweekly basis reserved for you after our initial session; 3 to 5 sessions are needed to estimate ongoing maintenance plan for you. You can read more research here and here.
- Transforming Touch: Transforming touch sessions are ideal for clients with developmental trauma to integrate primitive reflexes that interfere with nervous system regulation. These sessions are 45 to 75 minutes in length. Most clients require 3 to 5 sessions to estimate an ongoing maintenance plan for post-traumatic growth. Learn more here.
- Visual-Vestibular Therapy (Walk + Talk Coaching) : We use our eyes, brains and bodies to better process your challenges. Wear comfortable clothes and expect to get to the heart of your problems quickly and with greater clarity. These sessions are 45 or 75 minutes in duration, nearby to my office or your home and/or around beautiful Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin.
- Individual Consultation for Therapists: I offer 45+ minute phone or teleconferencing consultation for colleagues who are wishing professional consultation on above techniques, integration of other professional therapies for your “stuck” or “confusing” client/s. These are scheduled online, usually as a 45 minute session (select Individual Consultation from drop down menu).
- Couples Counseling: I am a huge fan of the healing power of relationship, especially if you had a dysfunctional family growing up or have faced crises, such as cancer. The power of a couple and myself in a room creates healing in powerful ways because of my use of brain-based and effective interpersonal skills. I teach you how to be and be loved by your partner in healthy, fulfilling ways. These sessions are 45 to 90 minutes in duration, ranging from $150 to $310. I am closed to new couples in 2020.
I personalize your plan as we get to know each other, so do not worry which service to pick. I build relationships with my clients that help their other relationships improve, using neuroscience made simple and effective.
- My session lengths are 25, 45 or 75 minutes in length for adult individuals. My professional fees are $105, $150 and $260, respectively.
- Most clients begin with a 45 Minute Session with me, which is $150 per session.
- When working on Insomnia, Acute stress, Grief and Phobias, I offer 25 Minute Sessions @ $105 each done 2-3 times per week, schedule permitting.
- Each session is payable with credit card in your secure client portal online and due at the beginning of session.
- There is an additional $35 travel charge for all sessions conducted off-site.
- For each full paying client, I offer a scholarship to those with cancer/chronic illness. You are paying it forward when you invest in your mental wellness.
You may request to book an initial session here.
I will send you online paperwork before our first session so we can spend our time meeting & healing right away. Less than 24 hour notification for rescheduling, cancellations and no-shows are charged the full session fee which allows me to help all my clients equally.
My treatments include unique, evidence-based and adapted clinical protocols that are effective and outcome driven, yet not categorizable in any one CPT code. Therefore, I do not accept insurance. I also do not diagnose or label you unnecessarily and your confidentiality is held to the highest standards since I am an out-of-network mental health care provider.
What I do for my clients who have insurance:
- Automatic monthly emailed itemized receipts to streamline your out-of-network benefits (i.e. the insurance company pays YOU, not me!). You can receive up to 80% of your counseling investment back through this process. Also, auto billing
- Personalized list of in-network therapists I can refer you to after we complete your initial treatment for ongoing care, if you desire. Save money and find someone great!
- Flexible online scheduling around your financial budget and HSA (health select account) planning.
- You may always ping me with any questions or concerns!
Here is a quick clip about my work from a 2018 interview with my colleague for her Neurohealth show. My piece is about 26 minutes into the video.