If you are looking to find a better way of functioning to enjoy your life, you are in the right place. We will use our time together to understand your mind’s way of solving problems so you can feel better faster. My research-driven services are customized to your unique issues, based on my experience as a Cancer Survivor, Neuro Optometrist and Licensed Professional Counselor.
Think of me as your co-pilot to survey your horizon and land safely in each session. We will keep an eye on your goals and coordinate best mind-body practices during and after your sessions. I can consult with your MD, PA, primary therapist, partner or loved ones, as needed, to facilitate holistic healing.
Here are some visuals for you (pictures have captions attached) and the techniques we may use to treat your anxiety, depression, post trauma stress and relationship challenges. I offer my services via secure telehealth services. You will receive a link for your unique session 48 hours before our work together.
- Brainspotting: I became certified in this modality that joins my love of eyes to efficient and healing parts of your brain. I trained with founder Dr. David Grand who discovered effective eye positions as a newer form of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). It is true that “where we look impacts how we feel”. Even via telehealth, your eyeballs can tell me the spot that matches the issues that are bothering you. It is a deeper (yet gentler) way of processing stress and trauma with less talking. If it’s hard to find words for your feelings, you will love this one. These sessions are 45 minutes in duration; 3 to 5 sessions are needed to estimate ongoing maintenance plan for you.
- Light/Color Therapy: I add these to help your sleep, mood and self-esteem. In times of crisis or for long-standing thought patterns, the right combination of colors can help overwhelming and stuck feelings. Many clients say it feels like a full weekend of meditation and clarity wrapped into a 25, 45 or 75 minute session. Even via telehealth, these are done on a weekly or biweekly basis reserved for you after our initial 45 minute session; 3 to 5 sessions are needed to estimate ongoing maintenance plan for you. You can read more research here and here.
- Transforming Touch: Transforming touch sessions are ideal for clients with developmental trauma to integrate primitive reflexes that interfere with nervous system regulation. These sessions are 45 to 75 minutes in length. Most clients require 3 to 5 sessions to estimate an ongoing maintenance plan for post-traumatic growth. Learn more here. This is on pause during Covid-19.
- Visual-Vestibular Therapy (Walk + Talk) : We use your eyes, brain and body to better process your challenges. Wear comfortable clothes, your mask (if not 2 weeks post-vaccination, documentation is required). Expect to get to the heart of your problems quickly, with greater clarity. These sessions are 45 or 75 minutes in duration, nearby to my office, nearby park or around beautiful Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin.
- Individual Consultation for Therapists: I offer 45 minute phone or teleconferencing consultation for colleagues who are wishing professional consultation for visual-somatic tools and integration of other professional therapies for your “stuck” or “confusing” client/s. These are scheduled online, usually as a 45 minute session (select Consultation for Therapist/Doctors-Telehealth from drop-down menu).
- Couples Counseling: I am a huge fan of the healing power of relationship, especially if you had a dysfunctional family growing up or have faced crises, such as cancer. The power of a couple and myself in a room creates healing in powerful ways because of my use of brain-based and effective interpersonal skills. I help you love and be loved by your partner in healthy ways. These sessions are 45 to 75 minutes in duration, ranging from $200 to $315. I am closed to new couples in 2021.
I personalize your plan as we get to know each other, therefore do not worry which service to pick. I build relationships with my clients that help your issues and other relationships improve, using neuroscience made simple and effective.
- My session lengths are 25, 45 or 75 minutes in length for adult individuals. My professional fees are $125, $175 and $285, respectively.
- You begin with a 45 Minute Session with me, which is $175 per session.
- When working on Insomnia, Acute stress, Grief and Phobias, I offer 25 Minute Sessions @ $125 each done 2-3 times per week, schedule permitting.
- I will send you online paperwork before our first session so we can spend our time meeting & healing right away.
- Each session is payable at the beginning of session with credit card in your secure client portal online. I do not accept cash or checks or physical cards.
- Less than 24 hour notification for rescheduling, cancellations and no-shows are charged full session fee so I may help all my clients equally.
- There is an additional $45 travel charge for all sessions conducted off-site.
- For each full paying client, I offer a scholarship to those with Covid-19/cancer/chronic illness. You are paying it forward when you invest in your mental wellness.
You may request to book an initial session here.
My treatments include unique, evidence-based and adapted clinical protocols that are effective and outcome driven, yet not categorized in any one CPT code. Therefore, I do not accept insurance. I also do not diagnose or label you unnecessarily and your confidentiality is held to the highest standards since I am an out-of-network mental health care provider.
What I do for my clients who have insurance:
- At your request, automatic monthly emailed itemized receipts to streamline your out-of-network benefits (i.e. the insurance company pays YOU, not me!). You can receive up to 80% of your counseling investment back through this process.
- Flexible online scheduling around your financial budget and HSA (health select account) planning.
- At your request, I briefly consult with your primary mental health provider so you can see me during stressful times to accelerate your work then return to your ongoing support (who may be in-network for you).
- You may always ping me with any questions or concerns.
Here is a quick clip about my work from a 2018 interview with my colleague for her Neurohealth show. My piece is about 26 minutes into the video.