- Light Therapy: My personal favorite way to help your sleep, mood and self-esteem. Quick & effective results, especially in times of crisis or for long-standing panic, overwhelm, stuck feelings. Many clients reflect it feels like a full weekend of meditation and clarity wrapped into a 25, 45 or 90 minute session. These can be scheduled as solo sessions or in series of 5 or 10, for 5% and 10% discount respectively (contact Emily to book a series). More research here.
- Visual Somatic Therapy (Brainspotting): New form of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) combining vision with perception since “where we look impacts how we feel”. Using your very own eyeballs, I help you find a spot in your vision that matches the issue that is bothering you, while you listen to bilateral (right/left alternating) music. It is a deeper (yet gentler) way of processing stress and trauma with less talking. Learn more: www.austinbrainspotting.com.
- Visual-Vestibular Therapy (Walk + Talk Counseling) : We use our eyes, brains and bodies to better process your challenges. Wear comfortable clothes and expect to get to the heart of your problems quickly and with greater clarity.
- Art + Creative Movement techniques : Use of drawing, sand play, painting, arts & crafts in a therapeutic setting to unleash your nonverbal/unconscious needs in an expressive & effective way.
- Neuro-Visual Therapy (NVT): Use of your personal vision in the understanding of your unique life and relationships. Syntonics (colored light frequencies similar to those used for Seasonal Affective Disorder) & 3D techniques are used in insightful ways to “see” your own blindspots and areas of strength and growth. An eye exam, such as those at Stars In Your Eyes Austin is required before we begin NVT.
I will personalize treatment to each client, so do not worry which therapy to pick. 25 Minute Sessions are $85, 45 Minute Sessions are $130 and 90 Minute Sessions are $245, due at the beginning of session. You may book an initial session here. I will send you paperwork before our first session so we can spend our time meeting & healing right away. Less than 24 hr cancellations/no-shows are charged the full session fee so I can help all my clients equally. Frequent reschedules will be talked about. 😉
I do not take insurance. I can create an itemized receipt after every 4th session for you to file for out-of-network benefits. This way, I do not diagnose or label you unnecessarily and your confidentiality is held to the highest standards. I also have a list of in-network insurance providers I can refer you to after we complete our treatment for ongoing counseling. Ping me with questions or concerns, anytime!
Emily Schottman, OD, FCOVD, MA Counseling, LPC